Watford ROC HQ - Jan 2012
The Watford Royal
Observer Corps HQ was built in 1943 specially for the group. The group was
disbanded in 1968 but the site was kept on for training purposes. It was
eventually sold to a vets practice who use the site for storage. Visited as an
organised event, it's a nice site, very well preserved but most of the place is
filled with cat carriers, bird cages and various other animal detritus so it's a
bit hard to take any pictures without all the animal paraphernalia detracting
from them greatly. Shouldn't complain though, they could well have stripped out
Another room showing the original ventilation system still in place
The main room.
Various stuff left around...
Got to have tea!
The door to the day after the visit from the Four Horse Men of the Apocalypse